It was the Independence Day, and we had the carnival at the New Hampton School. I did some card tricks, and I really enjoyed the carnival. I think celebrating the Independence Day is great. Today, I want to think about how the ways to celebrate this day has changed over the years.
237 years ago, America declared that it would separate from Great Britain. Then, the Revolutionary War began. There were patriots, who wanted to win the war and establish the new country, and tories who wanted to remain their country, England. After all, the patriots won, and the new country, America was made. In the war, lots of people died by guns or canons. When I saw the fire works yesterday, I thought that fireworks which was shot by canon represent the weapon used in the war. I think there was no carnival in long time ago, but I think celebrating the independence is important for the American people. I always believe that people don't have to fight and kill each other for something like independence because there are better way to solve the problems...
Minori! Whats a beautiful writing and ideas! I love it! But, honestly, i think that people can`t stop killing each other and it`s so sad!!!
ReplyDeleteYou bring up an interesting idea here, connecting fireworks to cannons & other weapons. It makes me wonder if things were ever related? And, of course, I agree with both you and Ellie. Sometimes it's overwhelming to think about all of the negative things that exist in this world...
ReplyDelete