That's the beginning of the poem "A Day in July".
It hooks the readers.
So, I want to use that phrase and write a poem.
Do you remember? I do.
I remember everything we made.
I never forget it,
And I don't want you to forget it.
Do you remember? I do.
I remember all the time we spent together.
Sometimes, it made us happy,
But sometimes it made us sad.
Now, we have a new task.
The task is to make our new memories.
But, I don't want to forget our old memories.
Minori
First of all, Minori, thank you for adding that introduction onto the beginning of your blog post. It makes the purpose behind your writing extremely clear, which is fantastic. Also, nice job on your poem. To me, poetry is the most challenging kind of writing and it can be super intimidating. I can relate to the ideas you express here, that our old memories are things that we should cherish, but perhaps more importantly, we need to be sure to move forward and continue to grow & build upon them. There's some great thinking going on here!
ReplyDeleteHi Minori!! I liked your poem! You are very good at this kind of writing while I've never been able to write poems :( I think i understood what you wanted to say but I have one question: who are you writing to?
ReplyDeleteI love your poem and I agree with Kate about the introduction )) I think it`s very personal for you, it`s yours!
ReplyDeleteGreta, thank you for your question!
ReplyDeleteI wrote this poem to my best friends(I have several best friends).